“And He gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ (Eph 4:11).”
Frank is ideal for:
* Harvest Sunday
* Youth Rally, Camps or DNOW – Frank was VP of National Christian Youth Speakers Network
* Booked TWICE to speak at “IRON SHARPENS IRON” Men’s Conference
* Speaker TWICE @ SIX FLAGS AMERICA for “Faith Day” w/ Jeremy Camp & Avalon
* Revival – City Wide Outreach
* FCA or school assemblies
* Spoke twice to 7,000 at Youth Evangelism Conf w/ David Nasser, Sam Glenn & Rebecca St James
* Preached on all 5 “Praisefest Cruise with a Cause” w/ Josh McDowell – 39,000 souls saved
* Nationally endorsed w/ UPWARDS & Compassion International
* Founder of Celebrate Jesus! Crusades
* Assoc Evangelist & NGA member w/ Luis Palau
* International Evangelism Chairman of 2012 Olympics Outreach w/ LWFCI – London, England
* FOX NEWS LIVE contributor on religion/politics
* TBN (JCTV) invited Frank to be closing speaker at their telethon w/ Clayton King & Matt Pitt in Santa Ana, CA
* Teaching Pastor for Brooklyn Tab DC Outreach (Summer 2013)
Frank Shelton, Jr. is part author, visionary and speaker but FULL communicator of Gospel Truth. Frank trusted Christ as his personal Lord and Savior at age seven (1979), read the entire Bible by eighth grade (1985) and desires daily to see saints revived and souls restored. At age 10, he had such a burden for friends without Christ that in 1982, he brought 22 kids to Vacation Bible School in one week! Several trusted Christ and still in church today 30 years later. Frank honored God in youth and the Lord promoted him in life. He was the President of Student Government in junior high (800 students), played Varsity Basketball and crowned Prom King by peers his senior year of high school out of 1,200 students. He made a decison to care more what God in Heaven thought than friends on earth and he desired early on to please God choosing to abstain from alcohol, drugs and pre-marital sex. He wasn’t perfect but promoted The One who is. Frank was elected President of Student Christian Fellowship at junior college and went on to be named 2011 Distinguished Alumni from Gardner-Webb University in Boiling Springs, North Carolina. He was one of the youngest ever to attend the Billy Graham School of Evangelism in Monterey, CA and while working in Washington, DC took courses online via New Orleans Theological Seminary and three times was a guest lecturer at Washington Bible College. Titles are one thing but TESTIMONY is everything! Frank loves how Jesus found favor in the eyes of both God and man. In childhood, Frank daydreamed about doing three things with his life: Politics, Protect the President or Preach the Gospel around the world. By his 35th birthday, God used Frank to pursue all three vocations. God elevated him to work 17 years on Capitol Hill at some of the highest levels of government (floor staff of United States Senate, aide to Governor of Maryland, Special Assistant and speechwriter to House Majority Leader of Congress, fundraiser for Republican National Committee and volunteered in Presidential Correspondence Office in both Clinton & George W Bush White House, respectively) and on July 27, 2007, walked away completely “by faith” from the pay, prestige and retirement of Washington, D.C. to preach the Gospel as an itenerant preacher travelling locally, nationally and globally to share the Word with the world. He has boarded “Air Force One” and flown on “Air Force Two” but content today flying Southwest Airlines to share with whomever, wherever and whenever.
To date, Frank has served as a youth pastor, Minister of Evangelism, Senior Pastor, VP of National Christian Youth Speakers Network and now an international evangelist residing in Southern Maryland with his wife, Ruth and two children. He is a nationally endorsed speaker with both UPWARDS and Compassion International but more importantly a child and called of God. Frank Shelton points people far from God to a personal relationship with JESUS, The Christ. He has co-authored six books and his two most recent books CAREER VS CALLING (2007) and BLESSEDNESS OF BROKENNESS (2012) have touched scores for God glory. Pastor Matthew Barnett of L.A. Dream Center and Evangelist Junior Hill wrote the foreword to his new release. Frank’s sole mission is souls and his desire is to honor God in life and death. EVANGELISM and DISCIPLESHIP are the two oars that row his boat. Regardless, if a city-wide crusade, Sunday Service, old fashioned revival, D-NOW, youth conference, outdoor festival, men’s retreat, God & Country rally, sharing his testimony on world-wide television or one of his frequent appearances on FOX NEWS to discuss Biblical Truth; Frank has a God given gift to “dial in” to those disconnected from God and hung up in life. Jesus is the greatest story-teller and Frank paints a picture with words that grab the audience focus on an attention lacking culture and points them to a personal, vibrant walk with Almighty God. A “speaker” is something that you can get at Radio Shack. Frank Shelton is much more than a “speaker” but a Spirit-led servant and soul-winner. Last year alone, he had a front row seat to see God save nearly 27,000 souls in one calendar year. That is not exaggeration but evangelism! Frank serves on advisory board of Praisefest Ministries – “Cruise with a Cause” with Josh McDowell and in five cruises they have seen 39,000 come to faith in Christ. In 2011, Frank was tapped an associate evangelist with Evangelist Luis Palau with NGA and also serves as a teaching pastor for the Brookyln Tabernacle Outreach in D.C. Metro area on Tuesday evenings at their Prayer Meetings in Springfield, VA. Frank is ideal for audiences of all ages and speaks to over 1 Million people annually in person, via radio and world-wide television. The Bible says “your gift will make room for you and bring you before kings and great men.” Frank has a passion for God and Country and his dad was a fourth generation D.C. police officer in the Shelton Family. Frank once considered a job with the U.S. Secret Service but realized he had a message and couldn’t keep it a “secret.” His father, Frank Shelton, Sr retired Deputy Chief of the United States Capitol Police in Washington, D.C. and his ancestor was on duty at Ford’s Theater, Good Friday 1865, the very evening President Abraham Lincoln was assassinated. Frank’s ancestor carried President Lincoln across the street the night he died. Frank’s family friend was a pallbearer at Elvis Presley’s funeral in 1977, but he knew as a child that the real honor is not carrying “The King of a Nation” or “King of Rock n Roll” but “King of ALL kings” by our life and lips. It’s one thing to carry greatness but eternally different when Greatness (God) carries you! Frank was recently tapped International Evangelism Chairman for Lay Witnesses For Christ 2012 Olympics Outreach in London, England with “Olympian of the Century” Carl Lewis. God’s grace enables Frank to speak 200 dates per year at various venues and ideal for Sunday services, students and singles. Frank has addressed audiences IN PERSON as large 7,000 TWICE at Virginia Baptist Evangelism Conference with Sam Glenn, David Nasser & Rebecca St James and shared his testimony numerous times on world-wide television with millions (TBN, Daystar, JC-TV, Fox News Live, Sky Angel, ATLANTA LIVE, Moody Radio & more) but some of his most memorable ministry moments were at the country church or “one on one” with folks on the street or incarcerated in prison. It was never for crowds but Christ. Ironically, Frank’s first church position was 22 years ago at First Baptist Church of Waldorf, MD as the janitor. All ministry is “BIG” with a pure heart and obedience to His will.
The Gospel is “GOOD NEWS.” While we were yet sinners Christ died for us. Frank Shelton, Jr preaches Christ born of a virgin, lived a sinless life and crucified not for His sins but ours, risen from dead and coming again in great power! Jesus is not a way to Heaven but “The Way, The Truth and The Life” (John 14:6). Under Heaven, there is no other name given among men whereby we must be saved (Acts 4:12). It is via the cross that we can come to Christ “by faith” and God’s great grace (Eph 2:8-9). The message of God and the ministry of the evangelist is not only a gift to Body of Christ but a TREAT not a threat.
MINISTERED: (Shared the stage)
* Aaron & Amanda Crabb, Adam Crabb, Andre Crouch, Anthony Evans, Avalon, Ayiesha Woods, Audio Adrenaline, Babbie Mason, Barlow Girl, Big Daddy Weave, Bishop Paul S Morton, Buddy Mullins, Byron Gage, Carl Lewis, Casting Crowns, Clay Crosse, Ce Ce Winans, David Crowder Band, David Edwards, David Nasser, David Phelps, DecembeRadio, Dr David Ring, Donnie McClurkin, Dr Emir Caner, Dr Ergun Caner, Ernie Haase, Fred Hammond, Dr Herb Fitzpatrick, Jamey Ragle, Jars of Clay, Jason Crabb, Jentzen Franklin, John Gray, Dr. Johnny Hunt, Josh McDowell, John Rulapaugh, Josh Shipp, Evangelist Junior Hill, Kari Jobe, Dr Lloyd Ogilvie (Chaplain of US Senate), Hezekiah Walker, Kutless, Larnelle Harris, Lauren Green, Lecrae, Lex Luger, Lynda Tait-Randle, Mary Mary, Matthew West, Meadowlark Lemon, Michael English, Michael Tait (NEWSBOYS), Newsong, Nicole C Mullen, Nikita Koloff, Palmetto State Quartet, Pastor Matthew Barnett, Patrick Dopson, Randy Hogue, Rebecca St James, Dr Rick Scarborough, Evangelist Rick Stanley, Russ Taff, Sam Glenn, Selah, Skillet, SONICFLOOd, Tammy Trent, Thousand Foot Krutch, Dr Tim Lee, Dr Tony Evans, Tony Nolan, 33 Miles, Will Graham, ZOEgirl & countless others!
Defense wins championships in sports but OFFENSE builds the Kingdom regarding souls. Frank is an evangelist and encourager partnering with clergy and local churches to ADVANCE God’s Kingdom. He is a servant as much as a speaker and has the heart of a shepherd but the fire of an evangelist. ASSIST pastors in helping fulfill God’s vision for the church to go and grow to the next level with the Lord. ACTIVELY inspiring Christians to share their faith with a lost and dying world. We may not all be preachers or teachers but we are commanded by Christ to be “reachers.” APATHY has no room in the church today and God uses Frank powerfully to extract complacency while reminding all to focus on Christ, being faithful, fruitful and follow through with the will of God for their lives. Shelton is more than a communicator but a catalyst/conduit to help Christians grow deeper in discipleship, experience JOY in their journey with Jesus, rediscover power of prayer while equipping saints to learn the thrill of leading others to the Lord. Frank is a SOUL WINNER and exists to LIFT UP Jesus, local church, the pastor, Christians’ and a future generation of servants whom will serve the Savior as soldiers in the Lord’s Army.
MEDIA: – Frank has appeared
* FOX NEWS LIVE (Frank is a political/faith FOX contributor) -guest ON AIR @ NYC, Dallas & Capitol Hill studios
* Trinity Broadcast Network (TBN) – Santa Ana, CA
* Daystar TV – “Celebration” – Dallas, TX
* Family Net Radio / “In Touch” Studios – Atlanta, GA
* BAPTIST LIFE – Columbia, MD
* JC TV – Worldwide
* C-SPAN – Washington, DC
* SKY ANGEL TV – Naples, FL
* Moody Radio – Chicago, IL
* ROLL CALL – Capitol Hill Newspaper
* Gov Sarah Palin Radio – Frank was a guest for 14 min on Pres. Reagan’s 101 birthday
* Babbie Mason’s TV Show – Atlanta, GA
* Liberty Journal – Lynchburg, VA
* WJLA Channel 7 NEWS – Washington, DC
* ATLANTA LIVE TV (WA-TC 57) – Norcross, GA
* American Family Radio – Richmond, VA / Tupelo, MS
* TCT – “Rejoice” TV – Marion, IL
* Charlotte Observer – NC
* Ledger Enquirer Newspaper – Columbus, GA
* WDJC 93.7 FM – Birmingham, AL (Frank called in for a year as weekly guest – largest Christian radio in AL)
* The Maryland Independent – Waldorf, MD
* Clay County Times Democrat – Piggott, AR
* Shelby Star – North Carolina
* Continental News – Paris, France
* Emerging Evangelists – Minneapolis, MN
* Christianity Today – Perth, Australia
* Gadsden Times – Gadsden, Alabama
* Farmington News – Missouri
* Southern Maryland Business Journal
* NGA – Portland, OR
* Florida Gazette
* Baltimore Sun Newspaper – Maryland
* Sullivan Daily Times – Sullivan, IN
* Dr Beth Show – Atlanta, GA
* Sharon Hinton Smith’s TV – Fayettville, NC
* Relfections TV w/ Paul Ladato – Fort Myers, FL
* THE WEBB – Gardner Webb Univ publication – Boiling Springs, NC
*Frank loves JESUS, his wife, Ruth & two children, sweet-tea, dining at Cracker-Barrel and SEEING SINNERS become SAINTS SERVING as SOLDIERS in the Lord’s Army. He preaches Christ crucified and coming again and an alliance evangelist with Luis Palau. Frank is ordained Southern baptist but preaches Christ crucified and coming back not denominational difference. Frank lives to lift up JESUS and builds unity in the Christian community. To date, he has ministered in various venues ranging from First Baptist Church of Dallas, Texas to National Church of God in Fort Washington, Maryland. He has preached revival to thousands at Life Community Church in Jamestown, North Carolina and gave keynote at Full Gospel Businessmen Fellowship International. He has preached Sunday services at First Baptist Church of Monterey, California and spoke at BSU/FCA for University of Alabama - “ROLL TIDE!” Frank has preached Junior & Senior High retreats for Immanuel Bible Church in Springfield, Virginia and ministered at Singles’ Conferences at Immanuel’s Church in Silver Spring, Maryland. Frank has been an honorary guest professor at Washington Bible College/Capitol Bible Seminary and twice gave keynote at graduation of Grace Brethren Christian Schools. He has preached chapel on numerous ocassions to the 14,000 member predominately African American Jericho City of Praise in Largo, MD and a beloved revivalist at Church of God in Christ meetings. He has led weekend men’s retreat for First Baptist Church of Plant City, Florida and ministered with homeless children in the destitute streets of Guatemala with Compassion International. Frank is also an endorsed speaker for UPWARD and at an event hosted by a Nazarene Church in West Virgnia exactly 197 souls were won to the Kingdom in one day! Frank preached twice at a UMC Youth Event to 3,000 with David Crowder Band in Richmond, VA and preached week long SPIRITUAL EMPHASIS for High Point Christian Academy in High Point, NC at Dr Mac Brunson’s former church, Green Street Baptist. Southern Maryland Christian Academy in White Plains, Maryland has had Frank preach chapel 16 consecutive years. He has been privileged to address countless chapels in Christian colleges and public schools across America and preached to 7,000 at VA Baptist Youth Evangelism Conference and booked TWICE to speak at SIX FLAGS AMERICA for “Faith Day.” Frank has preached Prayer Breakfast to Fortune 500 executives at the Georgia World Congress Building in Atlanta and drafted speeches for the House Majority Leader of Congress and Assistant Secretary of the Navy. He has had audiences with U.S. Presidents and paupers but his passion is ministering to students and sharing the Gospel to anyone and everyone. Frank was a workshop speaker TWICE at the nationally known IRON SHARPENS IRON Men’s Conference alongside Pastor Rick Warren’s pastoral staff. Frank has preached in Israel and ministered in Cairo, Egypt and shared the stage with U.S. Senators, Governors and Congressmen speaking at an event honoring a Nobel Peace Prize winner. Josh McDowell and Frank have both preached on all five Praisefest Ministries “Cruise with a Cause” to Bahamas, Jamaica and booked to preach with them to Haiti in 2013, with Steven Curtis Chapman, Kari Jobe & others. Frank frequently is called upon by churches of all denominations and sizes for DNOW and booked Feb 6, 2012, to share his President Ronald Reagan impression on SARAH PALIN RADIO for ten minutes LIVE honoring the late Commander in Chief’s 101st birthday. Some of Frank’s best ministry moments were at the obscure country church and shackled souls incarcerated in prison known only to God and the individuals ministered. God loves both individuals of anonymity and celebrity and Frank desires to reach them both. His gift for preaching and promoting others make him a popular “emcee” as well ministering and introducing Grammy & Dove Award winners at concerts and cruises and he’s a friend of pastors and the local church. Ironically, Frank’s first ministry staff job was janitor of FBC Waldorf, MD (1989) and he prayed and daydreamed while in high school of opportunities to bring the Word to the world. GOD ANSWERS PRAYER! In November 2011, Frank was tapped International Evangelism Chairman for the 2012 Olympics Outreach with nine time gold medalist Carl Lewis in London, England. To date, God has opened doors for him to minister one on one with some of Hollywood’s biggest stars, offer counsel and spiritual encouragement to Washington’s most powerful politicians, World class athletes and others. God is the Famous One and Frank desires to be faithful. He trusted Christ at a church in 1979, running 33 in Sunday School and his childhood pastor, Dr. E.G. Jack and his parents, Frank & Sharon Shelton are his heroes. Frank stands on their shoulders each time he preaches and has gone on to share his testimony on world-wide television: Fox News, TBN, Daystar, JC-TV, Babbie Mason, Family Net (IN TOUCH), ATLANTA LIVE, SkyAngel, TCT – “Rejoice”, American Family Radio, Liberty Journal, BAPTIST LIFE, Moody Radio and honored to close in prayer at U.S. Capitol. The bottom line is Frank lives to lift up JESUS.
* Trusted Christ at age 7 / brought 22 kids to VBS (age 10) in 1982
* Read entire Bible by 8th grade – (1985)
* President of Student Govt – John Hanson Middle School – Waldorf, MD – 1985-86
* Prom King of Thomas Stone H.S. – Waldorf, MD (1990)
* President of Christian Student Fellowship – Charles County Comm College – 1991-1993
* Appt by U.S. Senate Sergeant at Arms to be bi-partisan floor staff of US Senate - Wash D.C. – Apr 1995
* Gardner-Webb University - Boiling Springs, NC (B.A.) – 1996
* Constituent Liaison/Special Assistant/Speechwriter – House Majority Leader U.S. Rep Steny Hoyer (MD) – ’96-2000
* Ordained into Gospel Ministry – Cresthill Baptist – Bowie, MD – Aug 1998
* Billy Graham School of Evangelism in Monterey, CA – 1999
* Minister of Evangelism – Dunkirk Baptist Church in MD – 1999-2001
* VP of National Christian Youth Speakers Network – 2000-2004
* Assistant to Director of Federal Relations – Office of Maryland Governor – 2000-2001
* Volunteer Presidential Correspondence Office @ The White House (President Clinton & George W Bush) – ’99-2004
* Fundraiser/Membership Service @ Republican National Committee - Washington, DC – 2001-2005
* Advisory Board Member of AMERICAS HEROES OF FREEDOM - Washington, DC – 2002 – Present
* Founder of Celebrate Jesus! Crusades – 2005 – Present
* Recruit Officer/Internal Affairs/Office of Chief – US Capitol Police - Washington, DC – 2006-2007
* After working 17 years on Capitol Hill walked away to “do work of an evangelist” – July 2007
* Endorsed & active member Conf of So Baptist Evangelists (COSBE) – 2007 – Present
* Advisory Board Member for PRAISEFEST MINISTRIES “Cruise with a Cause” 2006-Present (39,000 saved)
* “FRANKLY SPEAKING” radio show aired two years on AMERICAN FAMILY RADIO
* Senior Pastor – First Baptist Church of Accokeek, MD-(pastor died & Frank filled in temp) 2008-2010
* Basketball Hall of Famer Meadowlark Lemon asked Frank to write foreword TRUST YOUR NEXT SHOT – 2011
* Distinguished Alumni for Gardner-Webb University - Boiling Springs, NC – Oct 29, 2011
* Frank has shared his testimony on world-wide tv: TBN, Daystar, TCT, ATLANTA LIVE, FOX NEWS & many more!
* Nationally Endorsed Speaker UPWARD & Compassion Intl - 2009 – Present
* Assistant Maryland State Dir for C.U.F.I. w/ Pastor John Hagee – Present
* FOX NEWS LIVE religion/political contributor (Frank appears regularly on national tv) – Present
* Only full-time evangelist in MD/DE Baptist Conv. Frank speaks 200 dates per year
* Alliance Evangelist Member with Luis Palau Assoc & NGA – Oct 2011 – Present
* Tapped International Evangelism Chairman for 2012 Olympics Outreach “Bridging the Gap” – London, England
“He that winneth souls is wise” – THE BIBLE
* Favorite Bible verses – 2 Cor 8:9 & John 3:16
* Favorite Ice Cream – Mint Chocolate Chip
* Fav Car – Ferrari 308 GTSi
* Fav Restaurants – Cracker Barrel, Carrabbas, Chick-fil A & Old Ebbitt’s Grille (DC)
* Frank was cut from the fourth grade choir and got a “D” in public speaking
* Frank was an “extra” in final fight scene of ROCKY BALBOA filmed in Las Vegas (2005)
* Frank first met Sly Stallone at age 13 (1985) after winning a RAMBO II contest with his godmother. They spent the weekend in Beverly Hills, CA with members of the movie. Frank’s godmother presented Stallone a Bible and Frank gave him a picture he drew with plan of Salvation on back.
* Frank drove Dr. Lee Roberson for one week at a Sword of the Lord Conference in 1994. Ironically, Frank didn’t even know who he was when they first met. Frank was impressed by the Holy Spirit to share his faith with the senior only to find out that individual was regarded as one of the greatest statesmen of modern times in the ministry baptizing 64,000 before his death. However, Frank willing to share his faith opened the door for Frank to grow as friends with him. The late Dr E.V. Hill signed Frank’s Bible and he still thinks of the encounter nearly each time he gets up to preach.
* Frank learned long ago to take the good and leave the bad. He met folks ranging from Franklin Graham to Jack Hyles, Dr Tony Evans to Joel Osteen and a proud supporter of Christians United for Israel under the leadership of Pastor John Hagee. We can learn so much from each other.
* While working on floor of US Senate in 1995, Senator Edward M Kennedy approached Frank and asked to borrow his VISA card. HELLO!? I should have borrowed his That same year, Frank was talking w/ Senator John Glenn and asked him two days before release of movie APOLLO 13 if he was going to watch it. Senator Glenn replied: “Frank, I have already seen it twice?” Frank curious said: “Senator, today is Wed the movie doesn’t come out until 48 hours. You have seen it twice?” Senator Glenn replied: “President Clinton invited Tom Hanks and our wives to watch it in West Wing theater of The White House last week for advanced screening and I was at the Houston Observatory deck in 1969 when it went down so to answer your question – YES, I HAVE SEEN IT TWICE.” My reply? “Thank you Senator, no more questions!”
* Frank at age 11 got to play on NBA court of former Washington Bullets (now Wizards) at defunct Capital Centre in Largo, MD with the legdenday Harlem Globetrotters with Curly Neal among others only to reunite with MEADOWLARK LEMON 20 yrs later, grow as friends, preach in several states together and asked to write foreword to his new book along with Michael Jordan and Bill Cosby ‘TRUST YOUR NEXT SHOT.’
* Another memorable moment was playing touch football for 20 min @ DALLAS COWBOYS stadium. Even as a diehard SKINS fan it doesnt get any better than that!
* Frank’s Uncle Bobby Shelton played three season with the Detroit Tigers (AAA) from 1967-1969. Ironically, the Tigers won the World Series that last season.
* Frank’s parents took him at age five to see ELVIS PRESLEY in concert TWICE
* Frank saw Dr Billy Graham preach 11 times in person. His father met him twice – childhood dream to shake Dr Graham’s hand. Hasn’t happened yet.
* Frank’s fav gospel singer is MICHAEL ENGLISH. God allowed ME and Frank to meet and minister together in FIVE states and he dedicated his first book to Michael.
* Fav Sports Team: Wash Redskins, LA Lakers & Baltimore Orioles
* Fav Sports Players: Meadowlark Lemon, Michael Jordan, Sugar Ray Leonard & Cal Ripken
* Fav Movies: ROCKY II, RAMBO: First Blood, STAR WARS, E.T., Rudy, Hoosiers, Brian’s Song & THE CHAMP!
* Favorite pet – his goldfish JAWS but unfortunately he died
* Fav Quote – “When you’re down to nothing – God is UP to something!”
Frank’s MOTIVATIONAL/Corporate site